Crunchy, Spicy, & Quick—The Perfect Healthy Meal!
This Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe is so flavorful and filling! Packed with spices and a hint of heat your mouth will be watering after the first bite! You can enjoy it as a traditional lettuce wrap or you can turn it into a salad, regular sandwich/wrap, and so much more. It is a family favorite no matter how you serve it!
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 16 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce I used Primal Kitchen
- 8 lettuce leaves I used romaine
- 1 celery stalk cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- additional toppings of choice: red onion, avocado, blue cheese, etc
- In a Crockpot, combine chicken, onion, chopped celery stalk, garlic, and broth. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from Crockpot, reserve ½ cup broth and discard the rest.
- Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the Crockpot with ½ cup broth and the buffalo sauce. Cook on high for an additional 30 minutes.
- To prepare lettuce cups, place buffalo chicken in each leaf and top with veggie matchsticks. Add additional toppings of choice (red onion, avocado, blue cheese, etc.). Depending on size of lettuce leaves, you should get approximately 8 lettuce wraps (2 per serving).
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Cooking The Chicken
For this recipe, I took our Easy Crockpot Chicken and altered it slightly by adding in a few more veggies. Although I firmly believe that the Crockpot is the best way to make shredded chicken, you can also make it in the oven, on the stove, or buy a low-sodium rotisserie chicken if you’re in a rush!
Buffalo Sauce—What is it?
Buffalo sauce is normally made out of a cayenne pepper, butter, vinegar, and other seasonings such as garlic powder, salt, onion powder, etc. Although it is fairly simple to make your own, I use store bought to save time. When buying any sauce in the store, you always want to look at the nutrition facts and ingredients to ensure you’re purchasing the cleanest product. One of my personal favorites is this buffalo sauce by Primal Kitchen. Made with simple ingredients such as cayenne pepper, cashew butter, avocado, oil, garlic powder, and paprika, this sauce is Keto and Paleo certified and Whole30 approved! And the best of all? The flavor is out of this world!
Lettuce—what kind works best for wraps?
I use romaine lettuce and it works really nicely! Although any lettuce that forms a nice cup is a great option. Butter lettuce and Boston lettuce also work really well. Feel free to top your lettuce wraps with additional veggies such as red onion, tomato, avocado, blue cheese, etc.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!