You’ve tried Everything Bagel Seasoning on everything, so what’s next?—This kale salad!
When it comes to salad recipes, it’s hard to beat the simplicity of a massaged kale salad. It’s fast, minimal ingredients, and pairs well with tons of different entrees. Want to make this kale salad an entree itself? Top it with your preferred protein source such as salmon, chicken, hard boiled eggs, beans, or lentils.
Easy “Everything” Kale Salad
- 8 cups kale chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Optional toppings: Shredded Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes
- Place chopped kale in a large bowl. Spray lightly with olive oil. Massage chopped kale by rubbing with your fingers until leaves begin to darken and tenderize.
- Whisk ingredients for the dressing (olive oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and seasoning) in a small jar or or bowl.
- If serving immediately, pour dressing over kale and mix well. If making ahead of time, wait to add the dressing until you are ready to serve.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Secret to making the best kale salad—A Quick massage
Massaging the kale helps to break down the tough structure of kale and gives it a softer texture and more gentle flavor. It gives it a more appealing look and taste for raw salads and is easier to digest. Massage chopped kale by lightly spraying leaves with olive oil and rubbing with your fingers until leaves begin to darken and tenderize.
MakIng the “Everything” Dressing
I have tried using the “Everything but the Bagel Seasoning” on everything….avocado toast, eggs, chicken, and so much more! I’ve always loved the perfect combination of sesame, onion, garlic, poppy seeds and salt. That is when I decided to experiment with adding it to my salad dressing. It took one try and just like that it is now my favorite salad dressing. With only five ingredients — olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, and EBTB seasoning, it is very simple to make. You may find you already have all of the ingredients on hand! You can use this salad dressing on pretty much any salad, but I love the simplicity of the kale and flavor of the dressing.
What to serve this “everything” kale salad with
- Whole or sprouted grain crackers
- Salmon, chicken, eggs, beans, or lentils
- So much more!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!