A FULLY LOADED, SIMPLE, AND HEALTHY BREAKFAST SANDWICH!
Need a quick, grab-and-go breakfast? These make ahead Spinach, Tomato, & Ricotta Breakfast Sandwiches are the perfect way to start your day. A light yet satisfying breakfast egg sandwich with veggies, fresh herbs, and creamy ricotta. This is the best dang breakfast sandwich, in my humble opinion!
Spinach, Tomato, & Ricotta Breakfast Sandwiches
- 12 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk of choice
- 2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 Dave's Killer Bread English Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13 baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs milk, spinach, basil, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, and salt/pepper. Mix well.
- Pour mixture onto the foil lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta with mozzarella and 2 tbsp remaining parmesan.
- Dollop the ricotta onto the top of the egg mixture.
- Place tomato halves around the cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until fully set and eggs are firm in the middle.
- Remove egg bake from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- If eating immediately, toast your English muffin to your liking. If storing for later, skip this step.
- To prepare your breakfast sandwiches, cut the egg bake into 6 square patties. Place an egg patty on one half of your English muffin and top with other half. Repeat until all egg patties have been used.
- Eat immediately or place in fridge for up to 5 days / freezer for up to 3 months.
- If storing for later, wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap, removing as much air as possible, then wrap with tin foil.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Customizing Your Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
The options to customize your breakfast sandwiches are pretty limitless, so feel free to swap in whatever ingredients you love most, or have on hand for a quick meal. Need inspiration? Here are some fan favorites:
- Swap out the protein: Although eggs are a fan favorite for breakfast, you can always experiment with throwing other protein in too such as beans or scrambled tofu.
- Swap out the veggies: Although I think this combination is AMAZING, you can always experiment with adding or omitting any veggie of choice. Other great additions include mushrooms or bell pepper.
- Swap out the cheese: Following a dairy free diet? Feel free to omit the cheese or replace with a dairy free alternative, such as dollops of Kite Hill Ricotta.
- Add heat: If you like heat, you can add in a drizzle of sriracha or hot sauce, sliced jalapeños, or a sprinkle of cayenne. you would like to kick up the heat, feel free to add extra jalapeños or a few shakes of cayenne.
- Change the batch size: You can easily adapt this recipe to use a smaller or larger-sized sheet pan with fewer or more ingredients if you prefer. Baking time should be roughly the same —although it may bake more quickly depending on the ingredients you add. Keep an eye closely so it doesn’t burn!
Step One: Combine eggs milk, spinach, basil, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, and salt/pepper. Mix well.
Step Two: Pour mixture onto the foil lined baking sheet.
Step three: combine ricotta with mozzarella and 2 tbsp remaining parmesan.
Step Four: Dollop the ricotta & Add Tomatoes
Step Five: Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until fully set. Cut into 6 squares & make into sandwiches
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!