Add a twist to a Bland chicken dinner!
With only a few simple ingredients to make this Asparagus Stuffed Chicken including sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and seasonings, dinner will be ready in no time! You can enjoy these stuffed chicken breasts as is, pair them with a simple side salad, or add a starch such as quinoa, brown rice, or roasted potatoes.
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 slices (approximately 4 oz.) fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken on a clean cutting board. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise, creating a “pocket” to stuff with other ingredients. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place 3 pieces of asparagus and a few pieces of sun-dried tomatoes to a slice of mozzarella. Roll the mozzarella slice to hold the asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes inside.
- Stuff each chicken breast with mozzarella “roll up”. Close the pocket of chicken with 2-3 toothpicks.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chicken and sear it until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Place chicken in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it is cooked through and no longer pink in the inside.
Sat. Fat (grams)4
Tips For the best ASPARAGUS STUFFED CHICKEN
1. Make sure the chicken is sealed tightly. We used toothpicks in this recipe to close the stuffed chicken.
2. Sear and bake the chicken. Since you are searing your stuffed chicken breasts first to lock in those juices, they only need approximately 15-20 minutes in the oven to finish. Remember, chicken needs to safely be cooked all the way through. Ensure it is fully cooked by checking that the internal temperature reaches 165˚F using a meat thermometer.
3. Serve the stuffed chicken with a tasty side dish. Try pairing this meal with a simple side salad, our Everything Kale Salad, or a simple cauliflower rice, brown rice, or quinoa.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your image on social media by using the hashtag below and tagging @nuw_li. #nuwli.