Easy, simple & healthy – perfect for dinner, cookouts, meal prep & more
This Southwest Turkey Burgers recipe is so flavorful and filling! Packed with spices and a hint of heat your mouth will be watering after the first bite! You can enjoy it as a traditional burger with sweet potato fries on the side, or enjoy them on a salad for a lighter, lower carb meal. This recipe also pairs well with a non-lettuce based side salad such as our Black Bean Veggie Salad. It is a family favorite no matter how you serve it!
Simple Ingredients only!
- Ground turkey (lean beef or chicken can also be used)
- Whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Seasonings: Lime zest, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper!
You may find you already have a lot of these ingredients on hand! The patties come together in no time once everything is mixed together.
Cooking Turkey Burgers
Unlike beef, you want to make sure you are cooking turkey burgers the entire way through. No rare turkey burgers here! Cooking time isn’t a safe way to determine when your turkey burgers are fully cooked. Use a meat thermometer and once the temperature reads 165° F, your burgers are done!
Ways to enjoy Southwest turkey burgers
- On a bun - look for whole grain, whole wheat, or sprouted grain for more fiber and nutrients!
- On top of salad greens
- With a side of our Black Bean Veggie Salad
- Mixed into a grain bowl —A favorite of mine includes brown rice, greens, sauteed bell peppers and onions, guacamole, and salsa.
- In a lettuce wrap, whole grain/sprouted grain wrap, or pita
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your image on social media by using the hashtag below and tagging @nuw_li. #nuwli.