An All time Favorite Spring Salad
This Asparagus, Tomato, and Feta Salad is a healthy and refreshing vegetarian recipe that is loaded with fresh chopped veggies and tossed in a simple homemade balsamic vinaigrette. It is perfect to serve for lunch, dinner, or to bring to your next social event!
Asparagus, Tomato, and Feta Salad
- 1 bunch asparagus tough ends trimmed, remaining chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, prepare veggies by washing and cutting as described above.
- Add asparagus to boiling water and cook until tender crisp, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and cold water. Drain and immediately transfer asparagus to ice water, let rest about 10 seconds then drain asparagus well.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and seasonings. Whisk to combine.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over top veggies and toss lightly to combine. Top with feta. Toss again.
- Serve cold. Toss prior to serving and garnish with additional feta, if preferred.
- If not serving immediately, store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
You will be amazed at how flavorful this protein-packed vegetarian salad is. It is loaded with a variety of fresh chopped veggies, feta cheese, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. You can serve it for lunch or dinner, or pair it as a side with an entree for a more hearty meal. This recipe is so simple to make, is packed with fiber, and is oh so tasty. Want to make this Asparagus, Tomato, and Feta Salad vegan? Skip the feta cheese or use a vegan alternative.
STEP ONE: prep veggies and Cook asparagus
STEP TWO: Add all veggies in a bowl
STEP THREE: Top with feta cheese
STEP FOUR: Combine dressing ingredients and whisk
Step FIVE: Toss all ingredients and serve cold
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!