Step up your afternoon step game!
Bring plain rice cakes to a whole new level with these Burrata Caprese Rice Cakes. These savory and sweet rice cakes are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or an afternoon snack!
Burrata Caprese Rice Cakes
- 2 brown rice cakes
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 oz burrata
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic glaze drizzle (optional)
- Spoon burrata cheese evenly onto rice cakes.
- Top with tomatoes, fresh basil, salt, pepper, and drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Burrata Caprese Rice Cake Tip
Prep the ingredients ahead of time.
- The first thing I usually hear from clients when discussing snacks is “I need something quick”. Although this recipe isn’t as “grab and go” as a bag of chips, it will be much more enjoyable and satisfying. It is worth the extra 3-5 minutes to put together…I promise!
- To quickly assemble these, prepare all ingredients ahead of time by rinsing/chopping the veggies and herbs. That way, when you go to make the snack you don’t have to get out the strainer or cutting board. All you will have to do is assemble!
Storing Burrata Cheese
Burrata cheese is a very delicate dairy product, if it undergoes drastic temperature changes, it can go sour. This is why it is usually sold in small portions.
Once purchased, it is best to be consumed the same day or stored in the refrigerator between 40 – 42F for a maximum of one to two days.
Once you try this cheese you will also understand just how delicious and creamy it really is. It is well worth the short shelf life!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!