Chocolate Chip Protein Squares
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unbleached almond or cake flour *see notes
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 scoops plant-based vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Protein Made Simple)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Mini Chips)
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oats, flour, salt, and protein powder).
- In a small bowl, combine all wet ingredients (peanut butter, almond milk, honey, and vanilla extract).
- Combine dry and wet ingredients. Mix well until incorporated.
- Stir in mini dark chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
*Using almond flour will result in a more dense bar. Using cake flour will result in lighter/more “fluffy” bar. **The nutrition figures above should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in foods, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!