Sweet, Savory, Creamy, Crunchy!
This chicken salad is quick, simple, and a great make-ahead lunch that you can eat throughout the week. Packed with protein, this salad fills you up for hours, while also tasting light and fresh! Serve this recipe in a variety of ways including on a bed of lettuce, on a whole grain wrap, or with a side of veggies.
Simple Healthy Chicken Salad
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup red grapes halved
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chicken by preferred method. Check out Nuwli's Easy Crockpot Chicken for a hassle free way to cook your chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked, dice and add to a large bowl.
- Add sliced almonds, grapes, green onion, dill, mayo, yogurt, apple cider vinegar, and seasonings to the same bowl as chicken. Stir to combine. Serve cold.
- Note: This is a great recipe to make ahead of time! The more time it sits in the fridge, the more the flavors come out. Stores great in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Why You’ll Love this recipe
- It makes great leftovers. This recipe stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The longer it sits, the more the flavors come out!
- You can easily switch up the mix ins to personalize it to your liking by switching out the type of nuts, fruit, healthy fats, and seasonings. Other mix-in suggestions include walnuts, apples, dried cherries, avocado, and red onion.
- With over 30 grams of protein this recipe will keep you full for hours! Balance out this high protein meal with additional fiber from veggies or whole grains. My favorite way to serve this salad is on a bed of lettuce with a side of raw veggies. I love to also pair it with a whole grain or seeded cracker for additional fiber.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!