Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 medium zucchini shredded
- 3/4 cup peanut butter or nut butter of choice almond butter, cashew butter, etc.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey optional
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (blended into oat flour)
- 4 scoops collagen peptides
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line or grease muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl with a fork.
- Shred zucchini into a kitchen towel, squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible, and add zucchini to bowl.
- Combine bananas and zucchini with peanut butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and honey (if using). Stir to combine.
- To blend oats, add old fashioned oats to blender or food processor. Blend until it has a flour consistency, approximately 30 seconds.
- In a separate small bowl, combine blended oats, collagen peptides, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins. Top with additional chocolate chips, if preferred.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes. Store in fridge in an airtight container for up to a week or in freezer for up to 6 months.
- Serve cold or warm and top with additional peanut butter, if desired.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!