YOUR FAVORITE COFFEE SHOP BREAKFAST, MADE AT HOME
I am a huge fan of any breakfast that you can prep in advance, take on the road, and most importantly, one that tastes great leftover. I was inspired by Starbucks breakfast sandwiches and wraps because they are a hit for busy individuals looking for a quick, but tasty breakfast. And then I got to thinking…I should make a similar wrap in bulk at home to have on hand for those days when I need a quick morning meal (aka everyday).
Not only is this recipe simple to make, but it is easily customizable. Whether you want to add a meat such as turkey bacon, add extra cheese, or switch up the veggies, the options are endless!
This wrap will keep you and the family energized all day long.
Copycat Starbucks Spinach, Feta, & Egg White Wrap
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 oz bag spinach
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 oz feta crumbled
- 4 whole grain wraps
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray 8×8 baking dish with olive oil spray. Add egg whites, seasonings, and feta cheese to the baking dish. Whisk to combine.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until eggs are cooked through (no loose liquid) and it has begun to pull away from the edges slightly.
- While eggs are baking, heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, and tomato. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Stir in cream cheese and mix until melted. Set aside.
- Slice eggs into four equal pieces and top onto whole grain wraps. Top eggs with veggie mixture. Fold into a wrap and place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. To “seal” wraps, place back in oven for 3-5 minutes. Serve warm.
- For meal prep: After wraps are finished, let cool completely before storing. Tightly wrap each egg wrap in plastic wrap (be sure to remove as much air as possible), then wrap with tin foil. Store in fridge for up to 5 days or place in freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat: Remove wrap from fridge or freezer. If coming out of refrigerator, microwave for 1-2 minutes. If coming from freezer, “thaw” in microwave for 3-5 minutes, flipping every minute. Then, microwave on high for 30-60 seconds. If you prefer a more crispy wrap, I recommend broiling in the oven for 4-8 minutes on low broil.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
STEP ONE: Prep veggies and whisk together eggs, feta, and spices.
STEP TWO: Bake eggs for 15-20 minutes at 350F.
STEP THREE: Sauté veggies and mix in cream cheese.
STEP FOUR: Layer wraps (see pics below).
STEP FOUR (cont.): Top wraps with eggs.
STEP FOUR (cont.): Top eggs with veggie mixture.
STEP FOUR (cont.): Roll into wraps and place seam-side down on baking sheet.
STEP FIVE: “Seal” wraps by baking for 3-5 minutes. Serve warm!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!