Make tonight Italian night with these amazing mini freezer healthy lasagnas.
These individual Mini Freezer Healthy Lasagnas are family-friendly, satisfying, and perfect for portion control! These mini lasagnas are made with a flavorful meat sauce, a delicious cheese mixture, loads of sneaky veggies, and are super easy to make. Prepare ahead of time and store in the freezer to have on hand for those chaotic weekday or weekend nights!
Loaded Veggie Lasagna Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 93/7 ground beef or ground turkey breast
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 lb white mushrooms sliced
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes no salt added or low sodium
- 15 oz diced tomatoes no salt added or low sodium
- 4 cups beef bone broth
- 2 cups water or additional bone broth
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 oz bag spinach
- 8 whole grain lasagna noodles broken into small pieces (about 1-2 inches wide)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese to top
- fresh or dried parsley or basil to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef (or ground turkey) and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, crumbling the meat as it cooks.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are slightly softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer beef and veggie mixture into a large Crock Pot. Stir in crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, bone broth, water, Italian seasoning, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 6-8. Crock Pots can cook differently, so cooking times may vary depending on the Crock Pot you have.
- Uncover and stir in the spinach and broken lasagna noodles. Cook on high for an additional 30 minutes or until the noodles reach a texture of your liking.
- Top with a dollop of ricotta cheese and garnish with optional fresh or dried parsley or basil. Serve warm.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
The Ingredients and Swap Outs
- Meat Sauce
- This recipe can’t get much simpler. This meat sauce is made by combining 1 large jar (or 2 small jars) of marinara plus ground meat of choice (beef, turkey, pork, chicken, or you can swap meat for lentils, if preferred). Spice it up with a little parsley, salt, and pepper for a sauce that tastes like it was fully made from scratch!
- This recipe is LOADED with veggies and is a great way to sneak in some nutrients and fiber for all of the non-veggie lovers out there. This recipe is versatile, so feel free to add or omit any veggies of your liking!
- Cheese Blend
- This recipe calls for cottage cheese, ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella, but vegan cheese is more than welcome!
- Lasagna noodles
- This recipe is made with whole grain noodles, but the options are endless! Wanting lower carb meal? Try replacing the noodles with zucchini strips. Want even more fiber? Experiment with a lentil or chickpea noodle.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!