Easy Energy Bites…my go-to staple to always have on hand. Especially when I am craving something sweet! The best part about energy bites is that they are pretty forgiving. You just need a bunch of dry stuff and little wet and sticky stuff to keep it together.
Since they are no bake, they don’t require precise measuring and they aren’t an exact science. Feel free to play around with the ingredients and quantities to make these Easy Energy Bites your own. This recipe is definitely going to become a weekly staple at your house!
Easy Energy Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 0.5 cup peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 tbsp honey or more for a sweeter energy bite
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 0.25 cup dried cherries or dried fruit of choice
- 0.25 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 scoops collagen peptides optional
- Add all ingredients to a medium size bowl. Stir to combine using a wooden spoon or hands.
- Shape into approximately 16 bite sized balls.
- Store in fridge for up to 1 week, or freeze for later use.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Most of these ingredients you may already have on hand! But if you don’t like something or don’t have it on hand, feel free to replace with an alternative.
- Oats: I used old fashioned oats, but any kind of oats would work just fine. You can also experiment with another dry ingredient, such as almond flour or ground nuts, for a lower carb alternative.
- Nut Butter: I used peanut butter, but any nut butter would work just fine!
- Honey: I used honey as a sweetener, but this can be replaced with maple syrup, date syrup, or any liquid sweetener of choice.
- Collagen Peptides: I used Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, but feel free to use your favorite collagen or protein powder of choice.
- Dried Fruit: I used dried cherries since that is what I hand on hand, but any dried fruit would work great! My other favorites are dried cranberries, blueberries, or raisins.
- Chia Seeds: Any seed or nut would work great! If I don’t have chia seeds on hand sometimes I will use flax seed.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: This is a great add-in if you’re wanting a sweet treat in the house! It’s the perfect amount to give you the taste of chocolate without over indulging. If you don’t like chocolate, you can simply omit this ingredient.
STEP ONE: Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
STEP TWO: Mix well.
STEP THREE: Roll into small bite-size balls. That’s it!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!