The Perfect Summertime Recipe
This Rainbow Veggie Pasta Salad is a summertime favorite! In the abundance of pasta salad recipes out there, there’s something so special about the simplicity of this specific blend of ingredients. The mix of red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, and vinaigrette is perfection. When it comes to summer salads, this one’s a winner. It is perfect to serve for lunch, dinner, or to bring to your next social event! Best of all? This recipe involves minimal cooking and can be assembled quickly. You’ll definitely want to save this recipe and try out this uniquely delicious combination of flavors and textures yourself!
Rainbow Veggie Pasta Salad
- 1 box (8.8oz) chickpea rotini or pasta of choice
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 medium orange bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 container mini cucumbers (qukes)
- Optional: fresh basil to garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- While you’re waiting for the pasta water to boil and the pasta to cook, prepare the vegetables by giving them a good wash. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the cooked pasta, vegetables, and vinaigrette. Stir until everything is well mixed and coated with vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh basil, if preferred. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
You will be amazed at how flavorful this Rainbow Pasta Salad is. It is loaded with a variety of summertime produce and decadent healthy fats. You can serve it for lunch or dinner, or pair it as a side with an entree for a more hearty meal. This recipe is so simple to make, is packed with fiber, and is oh so tasty.
Step One: Cook pasta according to instructions.
Step Two: Wash and chop veggies.
Step Three: Make the dressing.
Step Four: Combine all ingredients and mix well. Enjoy!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!