The Perfect Summer Side Dish
These Grilled Caprese Zucchini Boats are a fun summertime favorite! The mix of creamy mozzarella, savory basil, sweet balsamic glaze, and flavorful zucchini and tomatoes make it simply perfect for this time of year. When it comes to summer side dishes, this one’s a winner. It is perfect to serve as a side for lunch, dinner, or to bring to your next social event! Best of all? This recipe involves minimal cooking and can be assembled quickly. You’ll definitely want to save this recipe and try out this uniquely delicious combination of flavors and textures yourself!
Grilled Caprese Zucchini Boats
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- 2-4 tomatoes, depending on size
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese sliced
- fresh basil chopped, to garnish
- balsamic glaze to drizzle on top
- Heat grill on medium high heat.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Brush the cut side of the zucchini with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and optional red pepper flakes.
- Place zucchini, cut side down and cook until the zucchini is charred and beginning to soften, about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn zucchini over and layer mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt/pepper.
- Cover the lid on the grill and continue cooking until the cheese is melted, approximately 2-4 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from the grill and top with basil and drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Serve warm. Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
You will be amazed at how flavorful these Grilled Caprese Zucchini Boats are. They are loaded with a variety of summertime produce and decadent healthy fats. The balsamic glaze drizzle gives it the perfect final touch. You can serve it as a side for lunch or dinner, or serve it at your next social event. This recipe is so simple to make, is packed with fiber, and is oh so tasty.
Step One: Cut zucchini in half, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt/pepper/red pepper flakes. Grill facing down for 10-12 minutes.
Step Two: Layer tomato and mozzarella onto zucchini and grill for an additional 2-4 minutes.
Step Three: Top with fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!