SALAD, SIDE, OR SALSA—THE PERFECT SUMMER RECIPE
This Deluxe Mexican Street Corn Salad is the perfect summer recipe when sweet corn is in season! Whether you cook the corn on the grill or in a skillet (or used frozen or canned corn), this easy Mexican corn salad is guaranteed to be a hit for all your summer gatherings.
This recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser with the many different ways you can use it. Serve it as a salad, an appetizer with tortilla chips, sneak it into a quesadilla, or served as a side to an entree such as our Cajun Shrimp Skewers or Southwest Turkey Burgers. And the best part? It is super easy and quick to make!
This Corn Salad recipe is tangy, spicy, and delicious. If you love Mexican street corn on the cob then you will love this deluxe salad.
Deluxe Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 4 ears grilled sweet corn or approximately 24 oz frozen
- 1 can no salt added or low sodium black beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice approximately 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cotija or queso cheese crumbled
- Place the corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, corn, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, chili powder, and salt/pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies. Toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of salad. Toss gently. Serve cold.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Easy + healthy = Win Win!
Not only can this recipe be used in so many different ways, but I also love it because it is vegetarian, gluten free, and makes a great salad to share with everyone at a summertime cookout or tailgate. It is colorful, fresh, and super healthy! This simple salad has so many favorite ingredients all in one bowl.
- Sweet corn
- Black beans
- Red onion
- Spicy jalapeno
- Cotija or queso cheese
- Extra flavor from oil, garlic, chili powder, and salt/pepper
- Drain AND rinse the black beans. I recommend buying “no salt added” or “low sodium” canned beans and vegetables. Unfortunately, I have found at my local grocery stores “no salt added” or “low sodium” canned beans are hard to find. If you aren’t able to purchase “no salt added” or “low sodium”, rinsing the beans really well can help decrease some of the sodium content.
- Fresh or frozen corn? I personally love to use fresh sweet corn in this salad during the summertime. I prefer to cook the corn prior to putting it in the salad for some extra natural sweetness, but you can also add it to the salad raw. I also grilled the corn to add some “grill flavor”, but you can boil or even microwave the corn if you prefer to have it cooked. Raw or cooked, cut the corn kernels off with a sharp knife. If corn is out of season, you can used frozen or drained/rinsed canned corn.
- I use red onion because I love the pop of color, but sweet onion or green onion would work too.
- Fresh lime juice and fresh cilantro really help boost the flavor in this salad. You can also use parsley, but the cilantro flavor really goes a long way!
- Fearful of fats? Do not…I repeat do not skip the oil. Avocado or olive oil is a fantastic source of antioxidants and unsaturated healthy fats. Oil really helps add flavor to this salad and truly brings this recipe together.
- I also add chili powder and jalapeno to this recipe for an added kick. If you don’t like heat you can omit the jalapeno.
- Don’t forget the salt and pepper! Adding a small amount of salt can really help bring the flavors out!
Don’t forget to share!
Every single time I make this I get asked for the recipe. It is so fun to pass along a recipe favorite and make it your own!
This salad can be easily doubled, tripled, etc…so if you are feeding a crowd, go ahead and make a big batch because I guarantee it won’t last long!
This recipe also makes really good leftovers, as the flavors come out even more as it sits. I like to put it over a bed of lettuce and top it with grilled chicken for a hearty lunch or dinner. For gatherings, many people love to eat the salad with tortilla chips as an appetizer. It also is a great addition to a quesadilla, taco, or burger. The options are endless!
Don’t forget to share this Deluxe Mexican Street Corn Salad with your family and friends! It will become your favorite and theirs as soon the first bite is taken!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!