A classic favorite, with a nutritious twist!
Football season is here! When you think of tailgating and Super Bowl parties, what foods come to mind? To me, one of the first things I think of is buffalo chicken dip. It’s always a hit and is easy to make. This High Protein Buffalo Chicken Dip is a healthy take on the classic game day app and will be the talk of any gathering! It’s incredibly delicious, packed with flavor, and filled with protein. All it takes is combining a few simple ingredients including chicken, cottage cheese, buffalo sauce, seasonings, and shredded cheese. Try it out yourself at your next tailgate or party!
High Protein Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups cottage cheese (I used Good Culture whole milk)
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce (I used Primal Kitchen)
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning (I used Trader Joes)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions or chives to garnish
- serve with: carrots, celery, or tortilla chips of choice (I used Siete chips)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add cottage cheese to a blender or food processor. Blend until cottage cheese is smooth.
- Transfer cottage cheese to a large mixing bowl. Stir in cooked shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- NOTE: If you are not buying precooked chicken (i.e. rotisserie chicken), I recommend cooking it in a crockpot. Check out our Easy Crockpot Chicken recipe to learn more.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8×8 baking dish. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle shredded cheese on top of dip. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from oven and top with green onions or chives (optional).
- Serve with: tortilla chips, crackers, carrots, celery, or your favorite side of choice
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Easy + healthy = Win Win!
Not only can this recipe be used in so many different ways, but I also love it because it is so fast and easy to make. This simple dip has so many favorite ingredients all in one dip!
- Cottage cheese
- Buffalo sauce
- Ranch seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Shredded cheese
- Green onion (or chives)
- Add chicken, blended cottage cheese, buffalo sauce, and spices into a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions or chives. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, carrots, or celery. Enjoy!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!