Make tonight Italian night with this amazing Loaded Veggie Lasagna Soup
I love lasagna, and I love soup…so I thought, why not combine the two into one recipe? This Loaded Veggie Lasagna Soup is just that! This soup has all of the flavors of your favorite Homemade Lasagna, but it’s a lot less work and effort.
This Loaded Veggie Lasagna Soup is made in the Crock Pot, but can also easily be made on the stove. It is high in protein and also is packed with tons of veggies including onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and spinach. This is the perfect recipe for a chilly fall or winter night. It has become a staple in our household and I can’t wait for you to try it!
Loaded Veggie Lasagna Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 93/7 ground beef or ground turkey breast
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 lb white mushrooms sliced
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes no salt added or low sodium
- 15 oz diced tomatoes no salt added or low sodium
- 4 cups beef bone broth
- 2 cups water or additional bone broth
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 oz bag spinach
- 8 whole grain lasagna noodles broken into small pieces (about 1-2 inches wide)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese to top
- fresh or dried parsley or basil to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef (or ground turkey) and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, crumbling the meat as it cooks.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are slightly softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer beef and veggie mixture into a large Crock Pot. Stir in crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, bone broth, water, Italian seasoning, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 6-8. Crock Pots can cook differently, so cooking times may vary depending on the Crock Pot you have.
- Uncover and stir in the spinach and broken lasagna noodles. Cook on high for an additional 30 minutes or until the noodles reach a texture of your liking.
- Top with a dollop of ricotta cheese and garnish with optional fresh or dried parsley or basil. Serve warm.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Cook ground meat and veggies. Transfer to Crock Pot.
Add all additional ingredients (minus spinach, lasagna noodles, and ricotta) to the Crock Pot. Stir.
Cook on high (2-4 hrs) or low (6-8 hrs). Add spinach and lasagna noodles and cook for 30 min.
Top with ricotta cheese and optional fresh or dried parsley or basil. Serve warm. Enjoy!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!