AN EASILY CUSTOMIZABLE, VEGGIE LOADED, MAKE AHEAD BREAKFAST!
I am so excited to share one of my all time favorite egg bakes. It is loaded with shredded potatoes, and tons of veggies. Not only is it super simple to make, but it is easily customizable. Whether you want to add a meat such as turkey bacon, add extra cheese, or switch up the veggies, the options are endless!
This hearty and veggie loaded casserole will keep you and the family energized all day long.
Make Ahead Veggie Egg Bake
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- 16 oz frozen shredded hash browns
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk milk of choice
- 4 tbsp Sriracha or hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese of choice (I used Pepper Jack)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF if you are baking the casserole immediately.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté them for 4 minutes or until they start to turn brown. Add onions, garlic, and bell peppers and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add in the baby spinach and allow to wilt. Remove veggies from heat and set aside to cool.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the shredded potatoes in the bottom of the dish and press evenly to spread out. Add the cooled veggies over the potatoes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, milk, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over the prepared veggies. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake the egg bake, uncovered, until the cheese melts and the top begins to get golden brown, approximately 30-35 minutes. Allow the casserole to cool for at least 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
STEP ONE: PREP INGREDIENTS, SAUTE, VEGGIES, AND WHISK EGG MIXTURE
STEP TWO: SPRAY 9X13 DISH AND ADD POTATOES
STEP THREE: ADD VEGGIE MIXTURE, EGG MIXTURE, AND CHEESE
BAKE AT 375F FOR 30-35 MINUTES
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!