Fast, Easy, Healthy!
This Summer Balsamic Sheet Pan Dinner is fast, easy, healthy, and a perfect way to use up your seasonal summer produce! It is a DELISH one-pan meal with minimal cleanup and is a must for busy weeknights or lazy summer evenings. This sheet pan is loaded with veggies, protein and is so flavorful. It isn’t dry or boring, so it also makes great leftovers!
Summer Balsamic Sheet Pan Dinner
- 4 chicken sausage links sliced (I used Amylu Michigan Cherry Chicken Sausage)
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 zucchini cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 red onion cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 ears corn husked and silks removed
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, ghee, or olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinaigrette
- salt and pepper to taste
- parchment paper
- aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place ears of corn on a large piece of aluminum foil.
- If using unsalted butter, melt in the microwave for 15-30 seconds, or until fully melted. Brush butter onto ears of corn. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Fully wrap foil around corn.
- Prepare chicken sausage and veggies, as described above, and place on sheet pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup balsamic dressing over chicken sausage and veggies. Toss to evenly coat and spread out evenly onto half of sheet pan. Place foil wrapped corn onto other half of the sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- After removing from oven, toss in 1/4 cup of additional dressing, if preferred. Serve warm. Place leftovers in an airtight container and store in fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
SHEET PAN VARIETY
A basic sheet pan recipe calls for protein, veggies, a starch, and spices. Let’s talk through each so you can modify to your liking!
- Protein: This specific recipe calls for chicken sausage (which is SO easy), but you can replace with chicken breast, salmon, shrimp, or a vegetarian option such as a veggie sausage, tofu, or tempeh.
- Starch: Corn or potatoes are WONDERFUL for sheet pans. Feel free to get creative! Sweet potatoes, red skin potatoes, baby potatoes, frozen corn, canned corn, corn on the cob, you name it! Don’t forget to leave the skins on your potatoes…this is where a lot of the nutrients are hidden!
- Veggies: Hello color and crunch! The veggie options on a sheet pan are creative. Think about the rainbow…are you getting multiple colors that contain different vitamins and minerals?
- TIP: Use pre-cut veggies found in the produce or frozen section to save SO MUCH TIME.
- Spices or Marinades: This is what makes a sheet pan recipe SHINE. This recipe calls for Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinaigrette, but if you have your own preferred marinade or homemade spice blend, feel free to do you!
- Prepare veggies and place on sheet pan. Drizzle with dressing.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through. Serve warm. That’s it!
- Bake for 30 minutes. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!