SPREAD HOLIDAY CHEER WITH THESE FESTIVE PEPPERMINT MOCHA MUFFINS!
Once Starbucks starts advertising their Peppermint Mocha drink, I know it is time to start celebrating the holidays! This season is one of my favorites because it means I get to step by from my everyday life for a few days and spend time with the ones I love most.
One of my favorite things to do around the holidays is bake. But I find so many of the cookies and treats end up leaving me feel sluggish and bloated. Of course I am still going to indulge around this time of year and eat Christmas cookies, but then I got to thinking…what if I made a treat this year that actually helped provide energy, while also tasting fabulous? And voilà, Peppermint Mocha Muffins were created.
Peppermint Mocha Muffins
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup nut butter of choice (I used almond butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats blended into oat flour
- 6 scoops Svete Chocolate Coconut Beauty Fusion (or chocolate collagen/protein powder of choice)
- 1-2 tbsp ground coffee
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips plus more for topping
- crushed candy canes for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line or grease muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl with a fork.
- Combine bananas and nut butter, eggs, peppermint extract, and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- To blend oats, add old fashioned oats to blender or food processor. Blend until it has a flour consistency, approximately 30 seconds.
- In a separate small bowl, combine blended oats, collagen/protein powder, ground coffee, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins. Top with additional chocolate chips, if preferred.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes. Top with crushed candy canes.
- Store in fridge in an airtight container for up to a week or in freezer for up to 6 months.
- Serve cold or warm and top with additional nut butter, if desired.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!