So much flavor- it’s even better the next day!
Are you ready for a mouthwatering, vegan, and easy to prepare pasta salad recipe? This Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad is made with seasonal produce, a flavor packed homemade vinaigrette, and high protein pasta that will keep you full for hours! You’ll never get tired of your meal prepped lunches again!
Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad
- 8 oz box high protein pasta (chickpea, lentil, or black bean)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium broccoli crown
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 lb white mushrooms
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 bunch parsley fresh
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- While you’re waiting for the pasta water to boil and the pasta to cook, prepare the vegetables (grape tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli, red onion, mushrooms, and roasted red peppers). Give the vegetables a good wash and then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over vegetables. Sprinkle parsley over vegetables. Lightly salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast vegetables for 15-20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the cooked pasta, vegetables, and vinaigrette. Stir until everything is well mixed and coated with vinaigrette. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. You can eat hot or cold.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Step One: Boil Pasta
*PRO TIP- High protein pasta may produce more foam when boiling. Be sure to keep an eye out when cooking so you don’t end up with an overflowing pasta mess!
Step Two: Prepare/Roast Veggies
*PRO TIP- Use seasonal ingredients! This recipe was made in August and prepared with fresh summer vegetables. Making this recipe in the fall or winter? Switch up some of the veggies to include in-season produce including butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, and kale.
Step Three: Whisk dressing
*PRO TIP- Do not skip this step and purchase a pre-made dressing. I promise the extra step will be worth the added flavor!
Step Four: Mix All ingredients together
*PRO TIP- Stir in this step AND prior to serving. The dressing can settle to the bottom. If you are meal prepping this recipe and storing in single serve containers, you can also shake the container to evenly distribute the dressing before eating.
Step Five: Store in single serve containers
*PRO TIP- This is the perfect make-ahead recipe. It’s even better the next day…and the next. If you are making this for an event, I recommend letting it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours so the flavors can expand and really stand out. Need a tasty and filling recipe to eat throughout the week? Store this in single serve containers for a delicious meal prep lunch that you will look forward to each day!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!