This Simple Healthy Egg Salad is quick, simple, and a great make-ahead lunch that you can eat throughout the week. Packed with protein, this salad fills you up for hours, while also tasting light and fresh! Serve this recipe in a variety of ways including on top of whole grain bread, a bed of lettuce, or with a side of veggies and crackers. The serving options are endless!
Simple Healthy Egg Salad
- 1 dozen eggs hard boiled
- 1 5 oz individual container Fage 2% Greek yogurt*
- 2-4 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise*
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2-4 tbsp fresh dill*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Serve on/with: Whole grain bread, whole grain English muffin, rice cakes, crackers, lettuce wraps, bed of lettuce, side of chopped veggies, etc.
- Peel and chop the hard-boiled eggs.
- Place in a medium size bowl and add in the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, dill, and salt/pepper. Stir to combine.
- Top with additional dill, salt/pepper, and/or paprika.
- Serve on whole grain bread, rice cakes, lettuce wraps, bed or lettuce, or with a side of chopped veggies and crackers.
- If the egg salad is properly stored in an air tight container, it will stay fresh up to 4-5 days. However, egg salad should be tossed out if left out for more than 2 hours.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It makes great leftovers. This recipe stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The longer it sits, the more the flavors come out!
- You can easily switch up the mix ins to personalize it to your liking by switching out the type of yogurt, mayo, and spices. healthy fats, and seasonings. Other mix-in suggestions include avocado, celery, and red onion.
- With over 15 grams of protein this recipe will keep you full for hours! Balance out this high protein meal with additional fiber from veggies or whole grains. My favorite way to serve this salad is on a slice of whole grain bread topped with sprouts and a side of raw veggies.
Step one: Peel and chop hard boiled eggs
Step Two: Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl
Step Three: Stir and enjoy as a sandwich, on a bed of lettuce, or with a side of veggies.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!