This Pina Colada Smoothie is perfect for the warm spring and summer months ahead! With only 7 ingredients, this smoothie has all the flavors of your favorite cocktail, but without alcohol or added sugar. It’s truly the best pineapple smoothie filled with tons of flavor, natural sugar, and protein to keep you full for hours!
Pina Colada Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 frozen or fresh banana
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I used coconut milk)
- 1 individual (5.3oz) low sugar coconut Greek yogurt (I used Two Good)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed ground
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut for topping
- 1/2 tsp turmeric optional
- Add pineapple, banana, milk, Greek yogurt, and flaxseed to a high speed blender. For a more vibrant "yellow" smoothie, add 1/4 tsp turmeric.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add ice for a thicker smoothie. Add more milk for a thinner smoothie.
- Top with shredded coconut and serve cold. Enjoy!
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s fresh! Nothing tastes better than a frozen drink on a hot summer day. But a lot of frozen beverages are loaded with juice and added sugar. This Pina Colada Smoothie uses only fresh fruit, so there is no added sugar!
- It will keep you full! A lot of smoothie recipes out there are primarily made with fruit. Fruit is what helps a smoothie taste sweet, but if you don’t add any protein or healthy fat, it might not keep you satisfied for very long. This smoothie contains both protein and fat, helping to keep you full for hours!
- It’s customizable! Just like all of my recipes, this Pina Colada smoothie can be customized to your liking! Want it thicker? Add ice. Want it thinner? Add more milk. Want to sneak in extra nutrients? Add a handful of spinach! The options are limitless for making this recipe your own!
Step One: add fruit, milk, yogurt, flaxseed, and turmeric to blender.
Step Two: blend and enjoy!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!