Date bark is no stranger to the internet and I had to finally try it out myself! This Viral Date Bark has now become my go-to staple to always have on hand. Especially when I am craving something sweet! The best part about this Viral Date Bark is that it is customizable, so you can make it your own. You can use any nut butter, spices of choice, and your preferred nuts/seeds.
Since it is no bake, it doesn’t require precise measuring and it isn’t an exact science. Feel free to play around with the ingredients and quantities to make this Viral Date Bark your own. This recipe is definitely going to become a staple at your house!
Viral Date Bark
- 1 container (12 oz) pitted Medjool dates cut in half
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips melted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or toppings of choice
- Using a knife, slice the Medjool dates lengthways in half.
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper, line the dates on top, place another piece of paper on top of the dates, and smash together using your hands or a glass.
- Remove top paper and spread nut butter evenly on top of dates.
- Sprinkle cinnamon or seasoning of choice on top of the nut buter.
- Melt the chocolate by microwaving 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time, until fully melted and smooth.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of nut butter and spread evenly with a knife.
- Top with pumpkin seeds or other toppings of choice.
- Freeze for at least one hour, or until chocolate has fully hardened.
- Break into approximately 16 pieces.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer. Enjoy!
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Most of these ingredients you may already have on hand! But if you don’t like something or don’t have it on hand, feel free to replace with an alternative.
- Dates: I used pitted medjool dates, but you can also purchase pitted dates and remove the pits on your own.
- Nut Butter: In this version, I used almond butter, but any nut butter would work including peanut butter, cashew butter, sunbutter, etc.
- Cinnamon: This ingredient is optional, but adds a fun twist to the original viral recipe. You can also use other sweet spices including pumpkin pie spice.
- Dark Chocolate: Any chocolate would work, but I used dark chocolate chips.
- Toppings: This is where you can let your creativity shine! Savory, sweet, or both…the combinations of toppings are endless. In this version, I used pumpkin seeds. But here are some of my other favorite toppings:
- Nuts: Slivered almonds, chopped pistachios, chopped walnuts, chopped peanuts
- Seeds: chia seeds, flaxseeds
- Dried fruit: blueberries, cranberries, cherries
- Other: sea salt, coconut flakes
STEP ONE: Line dates on baking sheet and smash.
STEP TWO: Layer nut butter and optional spices.
STEP THREE: Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with additional toppings.
STEP FOUR: Freeze. Break into bite size pieces. ENJOY!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!