HAVE YOUR (PAN)CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!
These light and fluffy pancakes are not only delicious but healthy too! The Greek yogurt provides the “fluffy factor” as well as some additional protein and calcium your traditional pancakes don’t have. Top with peanut butter for extra protein and healthy fats or indulge in a sweeter pancake topped with maple syrup, date syrup, or honey!
Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage 5%)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: Melted nut butter, maple syrup, Just Date Syrup, or your favorite fruit
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients (egg, Greek yogurt, almond milk, honey, and vanilla extract). Whisk to combine.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium low. Lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Pour approximately ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles start appearing in the middle. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice. Some favorites include melted nut butter, Just Date Syrup, or your favorite fruit!
- Note: You can also add in fruit or nuts to the batter for an extra texture and flavor! My personal favorite is to add banana to the batter and top with melted peanut butter (microwaved for approximately 30 seconds).
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Tips for Making Homemade Pancakes with Greek Yogurt
- The batter may be thicker than regular pancake batter. You may need to flatten pancakes slightly with the back of a spoon. If the batter is too thick to your liking, add more milk, one tablespoon at a time.
- Gluten free? No problem! These pancakes are great with an all-purpose gluten free flour, oat flour, or almond flour.
- Dairy free? No problem! Easily replace the Greek yogurt for a dairy-free alternative, such as a almond milk yogurt.
- Meal Prepping? This is a great recipe to make ahead and store in the refrigerator for one week or freezer for 3 months! To reheat, microwave for 30-60 seconds or place in toaster on a low setting.
- Mix ins? Don’t hesitate to get creative! By adding mix ins you will add extra vitamins, minerals, fiber, and flavor. Some favorite combos include:
- Banana + Chopped Walnuts
- Blueberries + Sliced Almonds
- Lemon Zest + Lemon Juice + Poppyseeds
- Apples (or Applesauce) + Cinnamon
- Dark Chocolate Chips + Peanut Butter
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!