THE PERFECT ON-THE-GO HIGH PROTEIN BREAKFAST!
Packed with over 13 grams of protein per serving, these savory egg white bites are a great portable breakfast option to have meal prepped for the busy week ahead. AND to top it off…they are LOADED with veggies and tons of flavor!
Easy Morning Egg White Bites
- 1 container (16 oz) egg whites or 14 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 4 tbsp sliced green onions
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add egg whites, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, roasted red pepper, spinach, green onions, hot sauce. Mix well.
- Add olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin.
- Bake at 375° F for 17-20 minutes or until egg whites are set and starting to slightly brown. Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Run a knife around each muffin to loosen and lift out of tin. Serve warm.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
THE #1 TIP TO MAKING THE BEST EGG WHITE BITES
First things, first! The number one trick to making the BEST egg white bites is to ensure you are doing something to prevent your egg bites from sticking to the pan. I recommend one of the following:
- Use a non-stick pan
- Spray your muffin tin with a non-stick cooking spray
- Use muffin wrappers AND spray with a non-stick spray (my personal favorite method!)
EGG BITES 101
Can I prepare these egg bites ahead of time?
- Yes! You can prep these ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To serve warm, microwave for 1 minute.
Can I use other ingredients in this recipe?
- Of course! This recipe is great to modify to your liking. Feel free to swap out any of your favorite vegetables or cheese that you have on hand.
Can I freeze the egg bites?
- Although technically you can freeze these, I find that these bites lose their great texture and taste after being put in the freezer.
Should I be eating these egg bites with anything else?
- If you are eating these as your main breakfast, I recommend pairing with an additional serving of healthy fat and/or source of fiber. Some of my favorite things to eat with these egg bites include:
- 1-2 slices of whole grain toast topped with mashed avocado
- Fresh fruit, such as an apple, banana, bowl of berries, etc.
- A bed of greens for a more savory option loaded with vitamins and minerals!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!