The perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner!
This “Everything” Stuffed Chicken incorporates all of the flavors from the famous “everything bagel” into a delicious chicken dinner! Sounds weird, right? But trust me…you definitely want to give this protein packed dish a shot. The classic garlicky, oniony flavor and tons of crunch from the sesame and poppy seeds makes me want to coat just about everything in Everything Bagel seasoning…so I tried seasoning chicken with it and voilà! Try out this healthy, easy, and delicious low-carb meal for your next dinner!
“Everything” Stuffed Chicken
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp chives + more for garnish, chopped
- 2 cup sliced veggie of choice I used tomato + spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray baking sheet or dish lightly with olive oil.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise, creating a “pocket” to stuff with other ingredients. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Open each “pocket” and evenly spread cream cheese in each chicken breast.
- Top cream cheese with chives and sliced veggies of choice (I used sliced tomatoes + spinach).
- Fold the top half of the chicken breast over the cream cheese and veggies. If they are too full to lay flat on their own you can close the “pocket” of chicken with 2-3 toothpicks.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts in a single layer on baking sheet or dish. Brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning on top of each piece of chicken and pat lightly with hands to secure to chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until your chicken is fully cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Garnish with additional chives and serve immediately.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
- I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts in this recipe. Each breast can drastically vary in size, which can impact cooking time. I used smaller breasts in this recipe.
- No “everything” dish would be complete without a cream cheese filling! For a dairy free alternative, check out this Kite Hill Dairy Free Plain Cream Cheese.
- You can’t resist the perfect combination of cream cheese + chives. This herb not only makes for a beautiful garnish, but also helps to add so much additional flavor to this meal.
- I love the combo of tomatoes and spinach with Everything Bagel seasoning, but the options here are endless. Asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, are just a few others that would compliment this dish well!
- This helps the seasoning stick to the chicken. You can also use avocado oil as an alternative.
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- This seasoning can be store bought or made at home. I purchased mine at Whole Foods, but Thrive Market, Trader Joes, and Amazon are three other places you can find this wonderful seasoning.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise and create a “pocket” to stuff.
- “Stuff” with cream cheese, chives, and sliced veggies of choice (I used sliced tomatoes + spinach).
- Brush chicken with olive oil and sprinkle everything bagel seasoning on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!