AN EASILY CUSTOMIZABLE, VEGGIE LOADED, MAKE AHEAD BREAKFAST!
If you see the term “sheet pan” in a recipe title, you know one thing is for sure…it’s going to be simple! This Loaded Sheet Pan Breakfast Quesadilla is just that. It couldn’t be easier to put these together on a sheet pan, throw your toppings of choice, bake it in the oven, and serve it up with delicious garnishes of your choice. This recipe comes together in just minutes and uses quick, inexpensive ingredients. It is the most simple way to make a delicious, homemade quesadilla, using just a single pan! You will have a crunchy, oven-baked quesadilla that is full of ooey gooey cheese, protein, veggies, and more!
Loaded Sheet Pan Breakfast Quesadillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups raw veggies of choice (I used a variety of bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and spinach)
- 12 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- Toppings of choice: Pico de gallo, salsa, sour cream, Greek yogurt, avocado, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add olive oil to large skillet and heat over medium high. Add veggies of choice and cook until soft, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add eggs to skillet (if using) and scramble until fully cooked, approximately 3-5 minutes., breaking up eggs with a spatula or wooden spoon. Lightly season eggs with salt and pepper.
- On a 9×13 baking sheet, place 6 tortillas around the edges of the pan, so that half of each tortilla hangs over the side.
- Top tortillas with eggs, veggies, shredded cheese, and sliced green onions.
- Place another tortillas in the center on top of the filling and fold each tortilla towards the center.
- Place a second baking sheet on top of the folded tortillas. Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until tortillas begin to turn crispy.
- Remove top baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Slice into 8 rectangles and serve warm with toppings of choice.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
CUSTOMIZING YOUR LOADED SHEET PAN QUESADILLAS
The options to customize your Loaded Sheet Pan Breakfast Quesadillas are pretty limitless, so feel free to swap in whatever ingredients you love most, or have on hand for a quick meal. Need inspiration? Here are some fan favorites:
- Swap out the protein: Although eggs are a fan favorite for breakfast, you can always experiment with throwing other protein in too such as beans or scrambled tofu.
- Add heat: If you like heat, you can add in a drizzle of sriracha or hot sauce, sliced jalapeños, or a sprinkle of cayenne. you would like to kick up the heat, feel free to add extra jalapeños or a few shakes of cayenne.
- Change the batch size: You can easily adapt this recipe to use a smaller or larger-sized sheet pan with fewer or more ingredients if you prefer. Baking time should be roughly the same —although it may bake more quickly depending on the ingredients you add. Keep an eye closely so it doesn’t burn!
Layer tortillas on sheet pan
Top with cooked scrambled eggs
Layer with cooked veggies of choice
Layer with cheese, green onions, and any other seasonings/toppings of choice
Top with two additional tortillas and fold (as seen above in picture). Bake as directed and serve warm!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!