a great appetizer, Easy lunch, or quick dinner — perfect serving a crowd!
If you see the term “sheet pan” in a recipe title, you know one thing is for sure…it’s going to be simple! This Loaded Sheet Pan Quesadilla is just that. It couldn’t be easier to put these together on a sheet pan, throw your toppings of choice, bake it in the oven, and serve it up with delicious garnishes of your choice. This recipe comes together in just minutes and uses quick, inexpensive ingredients. It is the most simple way to make a delicious, homemade quesadilla, using just a single pan! You will have a crunchy, oven-baked quesadilla that is full of ooey gooey cheese, protein, veggies, and more!
Loaded Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 cups raw veggies of choice (I used a variety of bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and spinach)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey, chicken, or beef (or omit for a vegetarian dish)
- 1 tbsp low sodium taco seasoning divided
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can (15oz) low sodium or no salt added black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- Toppings of choice: pico de gallo, salsa, sour cream, Greek yogurt, avocado, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add olive oil to large skillet and heat over medium high. Add veggies of choice and cook until soft, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside. Mix in 1/2 tbsp low sodium taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Add ground meat of choice to skillet (if using) and cook, breaking up meat with a spatula or wooden spoon, until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Mix in 1/2 tbsp low sodium taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
- On a 9×13 baking sheet, place 6 tortillas around the edges of the pan, so that half of each tortilla hangs over the side.
- Top tortillas with ground meat, veggies, black beans, shredded cheese, and sliced green onions.
- Place another tortillas in the center on top of the filling and fold each tortilla towards the center.
- Place a second baking sheet on top of the folded tortillas. Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until tortillas begin to turn crispy.
- Remove top baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Slice into 8 rectangles and serve warm with toppings of choice.
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Customizing your loaded sheet pan quesadillas
The options to customize your Loaded Sheet Pan Quesadillas are pretty limitless, so feel free to swap in whatever ingredients you love most, or have on hand for a quick meal. Need inspiration? Here are some fan favorites:
- Swap out the protein: Lean ground beef, lean shredded beef, ground pork, shredded pork, chorizo, or shrimp
- Make them vegetarian: You can even fully omit the protein options above and replace with an extra can of black beans, swap in quinoa, or load them with extra veggies
- Add heat: If you like heat, you can add in a drizzle of sriracha or hot sauce, sliced jalapeños, or a sprinkle of cayenne. you would like to kick up the heat, feel free to add extra jalapeños or a few shakes of cayenne.
- Change the batch size: You can easily adapt this recipe to use a smaller or larger-sized sheet pan with fewer or more ingredients if you prefer. Baking time should be roughly the same —although it may bake more quickly depending on the ingredients you add. Keep an eye closely so it doesn’t burn!
- Layer tortillas on sheet pan
- Top with protein of choice
- Layer with cooked veggies of choice
- Top with black beans
- Layer with cheese
- Top with green onions and any other seasonings /toppings of choice
- Top with one additional tortilla and fold (as seen above in picture)
- Place additional sheet pan on top (to seal)
- Bake as directed and serve warm!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!