Blended Baked Oats are the too-good-to-be-true dessert-for-breakfast recipe that’s taking social media by storm. This Peach Crisp Baked Oats version is perfect for summertime and will help you feel satisfied, refreshed, and energized whatever the day has in store. It bakes into a perfect cake-like treat that is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and full of nutritious ingredients!
Peach Crisp Baked Oats
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 scoops collagen peptides optional
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups peaches (approximately 3 small peaches)
- 1/4-1/2 cup low sugar granola (I used Bob's Red Mill Maple Sea Salt Granola)
- Toppings of choice: Greek yogurt, maple syrup, nut butter, or chopped nut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place all dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and optional collagen peptides) into a blender. Pulse until oats are broken up into an oat flour.
- Add all liquid ingredients (milk, eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup) to the blender. Blend on low until a batter is formed (similar to a thin pancake batter).
- Pour batter into prepared 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Top batter with peaches.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, top with granola, and place back in the oven for an additional 15-25 minutes, or until middle is fully set (no longer liquidy).
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Love this recipe but want to individualize it to your unique body and nutritional needs?
Let’s connect and personalize it together! Get started HERE.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
It’s fresh, tasty, and customizable! Plain oatmeal to me is what a blank canvas is to an artist…bland and unfinished. There are SO many different combinations of ingredients you can add to oatmeal depending on the time of year, flavor cravings, and your mood. Need some mix-in and topping ideas? See below and after experimenting I’d love to hear your favorite combo!
- Fruit (frozen or fresh): The options are endless here. Berries, sliced banana, diced apples, diced pears, sliced peaches, and cherries are my personal favorites.
- Nuts and seeds: These healthy fats help keep you full while also providing a source of fiber. Sliced almonds, pistachios, chopped walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, and so much more. They help give oatmeal an extra “crunch” and change in texture.
- Nut butter: My personal favorite topping of choice! When picking a nut butter, look for one that is mostly made out of just the nuts. My go-to’s are peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter. Allergic to tree nuts? Swap out one of these for a sunflower butter!
- Extracts/spices: These can help give oatmeal more of a “sweet” taste without adding a lot of sugar. My personal favorites to add are almond extract, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. But don’t let me stop you there! Feel free to get creative by adding nutmeg, ground cloves, or more creative extracts such as coffee or chocolate.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt can add extra creaminess to your oatmeal while also providing a great source of protein! Try to stick with plain Greek yogurt to avoid any unwanted added sugars. You’ll get enough flavor from the other mix ins above, I promise!
- Protein powder or Collagen Peptides: I personally like to stick with an unflavored protein powder to help avoid the “chalkiness” that many protein powders provide. Unflavored collagen peptides are a fan favorite because they mix well in both cold or hot foods/beverages.
Step One: Blend ingredients (minus peaches & granola) in blender.
Step Two: Pour batter into prepared pan and top with peaches.
Step Three: Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and top with granola. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until fully “set”.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TRY IT!
Don’t forget to share your creation on social media by tagging @nutritionwellnesslifestyle_ on Instagram!